Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
- Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
- Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
- Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
- Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.
Update: Super Derive with mate connectors
I just pushed an update to the excellent Super Derive feature by @ilya_baran with 2 new options:
- Use origin - on by default, will use the origin of the Part Studio as before. Turned off, will use the first mate connector of the first derived part.
- Include mate connectors - off by default, will not derive the part's mate connectors as before. Turned on, will derive mate connectors AND add the mate connectors to the resultant part if add/remove/intersect are used. This means that merged parts will inherit the derived mate connectors which will then appear in further derives or assembly instances. Use origin and Include mate connectors are NOT mutually exclusive.
Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEA