Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Feature script on tablet

robin_harper672robin_harper672 Member Posts: 10
Am I reading this right and that feature scripts, like distance measure, is not a supported on mobile devices. I am only a hobbyist but have been forced off a laptop and onto a tablet. 

Comments

• Options
    NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,395
    edited November 2022
    You can add them to your toolbar and use them (see last icon on the pallette), you just can't edit them.

Who forced you off the laptop?
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • Options
    Laptop old and Broke. Cancer and a stroke and unable to work have left the wallet a little light and can not make replacing this a top priority, for what some may not consider a large spend, regrettably I do. Currently saving for a good iPad pencil finger getting sore. 

I had already successfully added the “measure distance” feature script along with another couple and other than “MD” Script and successfully used them. I have failed to make any of them work on the iPad. Thought it was me

I had found that on my modelling where I used arrays ( I think they are called) that I had previously produced on laptop, that this to was no longer available. 

I am sure a few variables and a bit of maths will get me a useable result. I am trying to produce knurling effect but on a flat surface with the surface being able to be of variable size. 

Thank you for your response. 
  • Options
    My son let me use his work laptop where I added what I needed. 

As you said useable once added.

Are there the same issues on a chromebook
  • Options
    My son let me use his work laptop where I added what I needed. 

As you said useable once added the iPad.

Are there the same issues on a chromebook