Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Combine Branches

Axel_KollmenterAxel_Kollmenter Member Posts: 410 PRO
How can I flip the B1 to be the new Main?
Best regards,

Axel Kollmenter

Answers

• glen_dewsburyglen_dewsbury Member Posts: 559 ✭✭✭
    Select main as your working version and right click on B1 for merge. Unless I'm missing something in your question.

• Axel_KollmenterAxel_Kollmenter Member Posts: 410 PRO
    edited December 2022
    Yeah, but then i got 3 options. If I click the highlighted one, its still different to the B1

Best regards,

Axel Kollmenter
  • NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,310
    The third option will replace all tabs by default but you should still review all the rows below to make sure the action you want is correct. If you want to keep Main you should create another branch off Main before the merge from B1. 
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • eric_pestyeric_pesty Member Posts: 1,462 PRO
    @Axel_Kollmenter
    Not 100% sure if this is what you are asking but if you want "Main" to be come exactly identical to the current B1, the way to achieve this is to restore V2 (the one B1 started from) to the main workspace and then merge B1 into Main.
    Yes, I have already tried all that. It all worked but the bevel feature does not drag with...

Best regards,

Axel Kollmenter
  • eric_pestyeric_pesty Member Posts: 1,462 PRO
    That's odd, might be worth submitting a ticket as it sounds like something isn't working as intended...
  • NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,310
    Was the bevel feature originally in Main and then deleted? If so, merging the same feature from B1 will not make it magically appear again unless you overwrite the tab completely. 
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
    edited December 2022
    No the last construction change in the Main was on 24.10. Since then I worked at the B1 branch. The bevel feature was made in the B1 branch.

I mean the following feature. I dont know how its called in english

Best regards,

Axel Kollmenter
  • sebastian_glanznersebastian_glanzner Member, Developers Posts: 398 PRO
    @Axel_Kollmenter
    Can you copy the Part Studio from one branch and paste it in the main branch?

@sebastian_glanzner haven´t tried this yet but i will try today. I finished all Draft angles and I´m happy how it is. I try to rebuild the problem and then Ill open a support ticket.

Best regards,

Axel Kollmenter
  • Matt_LoMatt_Lo Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 15
    I am answering your question through the support ticket.