Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Library Version Mismatch

TruBluStuTruBluStu Member Posts: 2
Document A: https://cad.onshape.com/documents/784f58cf94da21e81a4ba37c/w/85441a97178f0774d37cb4ee/e/3c35011855dc257ba0551c77
Document B: https://cad.onshape.com/documents/a1e681dd0c2fcaa97df1d34d/w/194909388887e3c719addf04/e/cd6e6e174ed6132bed2e2d4e

Copying a sketch entities from document A to document B fails and gives "Library version mismatch"
Copying sketch entities from document B to document A works and gives "Highlighted entities have changed due to differing feature libraries"

Question 1
Why does copying sketch entities from document A to document B fail and copying sketch entities from document B to document A work?

Question 2
How to I enable copying 
sketch entities from document A to document B?

Regards
Stu

Comments

• Options
    NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,399
    If you right-click the tab of a Part Studio and "Show code" you'll see the library version at the top (Doc A = 1913, Doc B = 1511). Entities copied from old version to new works but new to old doesn't (for obvious reasons). Docs may not be on the latest library version if they haven't been touched for a while (we assume they have been abandoned) or they are copied from an old doc which is the case here. For a "merge" to work, they both need to be at the same library version. Please create a support ticket to get this resolved.
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • Options
    ricardo_raimondoricardo_raimondo Member Posts: 32
    Well, I guess I am two years late on this discussion, but I have to report something that is happening to me. I am trying to copy sketches from one doc to another. I open them both every day of the week, but when I copy/paste from Doc A to Doc B, I get the library version thing. Therefore, following Neil's suggestion, I opened the code in both Part Studio tabs. I found in the top feature script with a four-digit number. and here is the situation: the part that was first created shows 2279, and the part I am trying to paste on shows 2260. No doubt, that is the reason I get the library warning, but how does the newest part have a lower number than the oldest, and if I am working on the new part, why the script number is not updated?
  • Options
    NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,399
    @ricardo_raimondo we pushed a new release on Friday, so your "old" doc may not have been upgraded yet (and it won't if you have it open). 
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI