Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Configurable Properties

Axel_KollmenterAxel_Kollmenter Member Posts: 410 PRO
edited January 2023 in General
Happy new year everyone!

I´ve got a general question about the configurable properties. If I want to configure the properties in a partstudio, all existing configurations automatically pull in.

If I want  to configure the properties in an assembly, I have to manually add all existing configurations. And if I dont add every single config by hand, I cant change the description (in this case) in any other config.

@NeilCooke can you tell me why? Whats the reason behind this?

Thank you
Best regards,

Axel Kollmenter

Answers

• Options
    Hans_Ole_LeirvikHans_Ole_Leirvik Member Posts: 80 PRO
    Hi, every combination of configurable parameters creates a unique part, and as you know each Part has a Description.
    Configuratons are related to all parts in a Part Studio, you are actually configuring the Part Studio.
    Hence if you have four configurations you get 4 x 4 parts.
    If you use more Part Studios, one part in each, maybe it will be easier for you ??
  • Options
    eric_pestyeric_pesty Member Posts: 1,515 PRO
    My experience is that you have add rows manually in both part studios and assemblies.
    However if you edit properties from a BOM table for a configured part, it will create a row in the configured part properties for the configuration you are editing so maybe that's why you already had some entries in there?