Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Read-Only Access to all files in Team

Hello forum world.  I'm new to OnShape and have been invited to my high school robotics team's account. The administrator added my email, and gave me admin on the team page (verified by screenshots).

My problem is that every document from the team I open will only open in read-only mode. I have other documents shared with me from other accounts that I can edit.

I have tried multiple browsers, from multiple network connections.  I don't know how to troubleshoot this problem.  Can anyone help me see where I can see logs, or any other data that may suggest what the problem is?

I'm just running from a personal Gmail account, when I look at my subscriptions I'm just using OnShape Free.

~

Comments

• Options
    NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,371
    Scott_Pug said:

I'm just running from a personal Gmail account, when I look at my subscriptions I'm just using OnShape Free.
    There's your problem - Free can only edit docs from other Free users, not Edu users.
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI