Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Chrome crashing when trying to add improvement request

juan_avilesjuan_aviles Member Posts: 78 ✭✭
edited November 2015 in Product Feedback
I wasn't sure where to post this, but Chrome crashes for me every time I try to post a new Improvement Request. This seems to be a new problem for me  and I wasn't sure if I was the only one. 

When I click on "New Improvement" it brings up my document page and then shuts down.

Comments

• Options
    andrew_troupandrew_troup Member, Mentor Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes indeed. For me, the whole Chrome session crashes when I click on "Vote for improvement", since about a day ago. It takes down any models I have open and necessitates logging back in and opening models individually, because if I try to "Restore" the session, the browser shuts down again.
  • Options
    lougallolougallo Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 2,001
    I saw this in a dev build of chrome and we are looking into it.  A few have reported the issue.  This does not happen in Firefox but we are seeing a message in Firefox too.  I will keep you posted.  We are looking into it as I type...  I will post updates here and have created tickets for you.
    Lou Gallo / PD/UX - Support - Community / Onshape, Inc.
  • Options
    daniel_chowdaniel_chow Member Posts: 108 ✭✭✭
    I wasn't sure where to post this, but Chrome crashes for me every time I try to post a new Improvement Request. This seems to be a new problem for me  and I wasn't sure if I was the only one. 

When I click on "New Improvement" it brings up my document page and then shuts down.
    Well I'm sure you tried this b/c its pretty obvious, I'll say it anyways. 

Try the same motions on a different computer. 

On the affected computer
    - Ensure Javascript is turned on
    - Disable plugins / extensions in Chrome
    - Cold boot
    - Try Firefox
    - Clear history, cookies, saved data, passwords
    - Update OS
    - Update Chrome 
    - Try incognito window

And if it still does it, you may actually have an issue. :)

• Options
    andrew_troupandrew_troup Member, Mentor Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This has been confirmed as an issue by Onshape
  • Options
    This appears to be related to the Chrome profile. We are looking into the specifics and will keep you updated. Creating a new profile seems to fix this as a temporary workaround at the moment.  
  • Options
    This was related to the Chrome Web App (Installed from the Chrome Web Store).  There was a bug in Chrome that was crashing the entire browser.  I rewrote the app to avoid this bug and pushed an update to the Chrome Web Store which should update automatically.  This "app" is essentially a shortcut and should fix this issue if you have it added to Chrome.