Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

A feature roadmap would help discussion with preproduction users.

traveler_hauptmantraveler_hauptman Member, OS Professional, Mentor, Developers Posts: 419 PRO
I'd love to see a planned features post that outlines the features that are in the pipeline.

As I'm using onshape I'm constantly asking myself "Is this a bug or an unimplemented feature?". Based on my history of support tickets, it's an unimplemented or incomplete feature probably around 60-80% of the time. However it takes me time to file the tickets and I'd rather spend my time in other ways than just rehash what's on the internal ToDo list. Likewise I see some of the discussions on the forum follow the pattern of  User: "Onshape really needs to add feature X to be useful to me." Support: "Yes, that's in the works."

A list covering the big 15 things would be awesome. A dump of the top 100 title lines in your issues tracker would be mind blowing. (You guys always write descriptive titles right? ;) )

I think we all understand that priorities change and features come and go during development. I don't think there will be anyone with unreasonable expectations (at least until teenagers show up) complaining about you guys making the hard choices and changing things as you go.

What do you think?
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    lougallolougallo Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 2,001
    edited November 2014
    @traveler and I have spent some time in the ticket room for sure. As I am sure you all know, with the many 100's of tickets submitted thus far we have 10 or more times that in our internal tracker.  Much of what we do internal is not meant for front facing access but I get what you are asking for.  Tickets are linked directly to hits on common internal issues and show the customer priority organically from your feedback.  Let me see what is possible and I will report back.
    Lou Gallo / PD/UX - Support - Community / Onshape, Inc.