Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Mass properties tool not working.

caden_degrawcaden_degraw Member Posts: 4 EDU
I'm on an FTC robotics team and we are trying to use the mass properties tool to find the center of mass of our robot. It says that the parts must have a material assigned to them and they don't, but I did assign a material to every part. Any idea why this is happening?

Comments

• Options
    NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,392
    Open the BOM panel on the right and add a column for material to make it easy to see which parts do/do not have a material assigned.
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • Options
    caden_degrawcaden_degraw Member Posts: 4 EDU
    It says none of the parts have a material assigned even though i went to each part and either assigned them aluminum, PLA, or stainless steel. If i go into any of the parts' files it says I have assigned a material to them
  • Options
    NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,392
    All the Parts are linked from other Documents - you need to create a new version in those other Documents for them to be flagged out of date in the top level assembly, then you have to update them there.
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI