Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Extrude not executing cleanly...

miko_cardenasmiko_cardenas OS Professional Posts: 17
I was able to successfully remove the right semicircle using the extrude command but the left is a different story. Any ideas why I can't cleanly remove the left semi-circle using the extrude command?  

Best Answers

Answers

• andrew_troupandrew_troup Member, Mentor Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe you need to switch the direction of the extrude-remove operation.
    If that's not it, the possibilities are endless.
    You need to post a link to your document, and make it public.
  • viruviru Member, Developers Posts: 619 ✭✭✭✭
    @miko_cardenas , I think you have created sketch by taking reference of plane which is situated in-between of that part. In extrude select through all option for both end position then you will definitely get desired result. If this not help then shared your document link with us.

• miko_cardenasmiko_cardenas OS Professional Posts: 17
    @viru- that did the trick!  Not sure why it didn't require that with the right semi-circle...
    @andrew by sharing the document link- does that allow everyone to see the whole project?   ( I ask because right now it is IP in the stage of final developement).
  • miko_cardenasmiko_cardenas OS Professional Posts: 17
    @andrew_troup I appreciate the inside tip. I am definitely trying to work my way through as much content and tutorials as possible.  

@viru I did create the first middle part by importing it into the Parts Studio and then creating a mirror part on the other side.  Then I referenced the opposite sides to create the semi circles.  What I did find challenging (and I posed this in another question on the forum) was trying to align the middle parts to but up against the Skeleton Sketch.  I scoured the tutorials and help section trying to find a way to align and or snap imported parts but I still do not have a solid grasp on it.  I am gathering that it is best to do it all in one Part Studio as opposed to using the Derived function...  In any case I appreciate you taking the time to help me problem solve.