Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Need Some Help Getting to LiveWorx?

richard_doylerichard_doyle Member, User Group Leader Posts: 290 ✭✭✭✭
A little over 20 years ago, back in the newsgroup days, I responded to the question "How can I convince my boss to send me to <xxx> CAD Conference?" I wrote out a long set of reasons why it would pay off in the long run, and even included an imbedded Excel spreadsheet to help prove ROI.

Now I'm not saying I invented the "justification letter", but you'll notice that all of the CAD companies are now using them :smile:

And so are we. With help from @Aaron_Magnin, we've put together this letter that we hope will help you justify the time and expense of attending LiveWorx in person. If it helps just one of you, it was worth the effort.

Richard

Comments

• Options
    Aaron_MagninAaron_Magnin Member, Onshape Employees Posts: 114
    I had no idea I was working with the granddaddy of justification letters. Great work on the final product, @richard_doyle