Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Getting started

kim_virgokim_virgo Member Posts: 4
Howdy folks, I'm a complete newbie and just now getting started learning Onshape. I just got a new job where the engineers want me to learn Onshape in a way that I can really just NAVIGATE around the software enough that I am comfortable using the platform so that we can communicate what they are designing so that when I'm working on fabricating their electromechanical designs in the shop, we can communicate what works well and what doesn't. 

They don't expect me to learn Onshape to design anything, but rather just get comfortable navigating the software and communicating well with them about their designs. HOWEVER, I am a proactive type that will be super interested in learning just the bare minimum but I don't want to get overwhelmed initially either.

I've already completed the very 1st course of Onshape fundamentals "Navigating Onshape" - I can't ascertain what would be the next logical course to take.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Options
    NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,417
    If you want to learn Onshape, just follow the "Learning Pathway" that you started.
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • Options
    kim_virgokim_virgo Member Posts: 4
    Thanks for getting back to me. So the learning pathway is successive? For instance, I started withh this "Learning Pathway": 
    https://learn.onshape.com/learn/learning-path/onshape-fundamentals-cad - I completed the first lesson of "Navigating Onshape". 

So the next lesson is "Introduction to Sketching" - this is the first basic lesson then after the navigation portion? I mean I know it is literally, but that would be the next suggested stepping stone for me to get a grasp of starting to learn the software? 

Thanks