Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Rust?

billy2billy2 Member, OS Professional, Mentor, Developers, User Group Leader Posts: 2,014 PRO
Has anyone started using this?

Comments

• Options
    raj_Onshaperaj_Onshape Onshape Employees Posts: 106
    billy2 said:
    Has anyone started using this?
    Onshape ships with Stainless Steel and Cast Iron. Please refer to https://www.onshape.com/en/resource-center/tech-tips/tech-tip-how-to-create-custom-material-libraries-in-onshape to create your own materials
  • Options
    billy2billy2 Member, OS Professional, Mentor, Developers, User Group Leader Posts: 2,014 PRO
    edited February 2023
    I'm sorry, I should have been more clear. I'm reading a lot this new programming language and was wondering if anyone has tried it.

It's being supported by most the biggest cloud players and it's suppose to have a good cloud footprint. AWS, Google, Mozilla have all signed up. Is Onshape looking at it? 

I'm currently using nodejs and can't imagine it being a replacement. I has hoping someone could share where it fits in the cloud space.