Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

another led tail light

billy2billy2 Member, OS Professional, Mentor, Developers, User Group Leader Posts: 2,014 PRO
edited March 2023 in General
This is my 4th tail light for my BMW. This one includes some brighter leds. I'm trying to achieve class A surfaces inside OS:

It's based off of the new BMW at the CES show earlier this year. The BMW i Vision Dee looks like a pillow with sharp edges:

Mike, after watching your onshape live presentation and the new surfaces coming to OS, I'm ripping out the old lofts with C2 and replaced with the newer boundary surface.

The old loft surfaces:

The new boundary surface:

Once the newer surfaces are patched into the model, I'm sending it out for print. It'll be exciting to see the part.

Comments

• Options
    mlaflecheCADmlaflecheCAD Member, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 179
    Thanks for sharing @billy2 that looks sweet!!!
    Regards,
    Mike LaFleche   @mlaflecheCAD
  • Options
    billy2billy2 Member, OS Professional, Mentor, Developers, User Group Leader Posts: 2,014 PRO
    Thanks Mike, I'm interested in seeing the quality of class A surfaces on a printed plastic part. The old light v3 was just tangent blending. I'll post a before and after to see what class A gives us. I'm expecting no change because it's a grainy plastic printed part. It's worth taking the time and build v4 with best surfaces possible at this time.