Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Support for Retina Displays

joshua_goforthjoshua_goforth Member Posts: 3
Any possibility that OnShape can take advantage of high pixel density displays?

Comments

• Options
    lougallolougallo Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 2,001
    @joshua_goforth Can you be more specific?  Most of us are running Retina displays..
    Lou Gallo / PD/UX - Support - Community / Onshape, Inc.
  • Options
    I should clarify -- I'm on a MacBook Pro. That is where I'm seeing the problem. It renders at 2x on my iPhones just fine. Here is a screenshot -- the SVG icons look nice as crisp as they should at 2x, but the model itself is rendering at 1x.

• Options
    EvanEvan Onshape Employees Posts: 62
    The browser does supply information about the pixel density of the display.  However, a little work needs to be done to make sure everything scales properly as the resolution changes.  So it's possible, but we have some work to do.  Stay tuned!
  • Options
    Thanks -- good to hear. As a work-around for the 15 inch, you can set your screen resolution to 2880x1800 using the commandline utility scrutil, with the command:
    scrutil t 2880 1800 32
    The UI is tiny, but the model looks fantastic.  :smile: