Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Displacement boundary condition?

Hey, I try to start using FE simulation tool in assembly. Looks good, but I really miss a way to define a displacement (instead of force) as a boundary condition. Is there a way to do this? Is it hidden somewhere? Or is it planned to be added in a few days...?
Thanks for your help.
Tagged:

Best Answer

• GregBrownGregBrown Member, Onshape Employees Posts: 104
    Answer ✓
    Philippe, displacement based boundary conditions are not supported currently - we have it in our future plans to address.

Answers

• GregBrownGregBrown Member, Onshape Employees Posts: 104
    Answer ✓
    Philippe, displacement based boundary conditions are not supported currently - we have it in our future plans to address.
  • billy2billy2 Member, OS Professional, Mentor, Developers, User Group Leader Posts: 2,014 PRO
    I would like this also.

I've been using OS FEA a lot and liking it.
  • john_carver855john_carver855 Member Posts: 4
    100% needed, although i like what is in it already, i cannot use this for a lot of the work i do as in many cases i want to assess the deformed shape at a defined displacement and not the other way around... i would think its almost more useful for me than a set force or stress BC....