Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Is simulation amazing?

shawn_crockershawn_crocker Member, OS Professional Posts: 798 PRO
I have not really dug into it yet thinking it was going to be a complicated thing that I didn't have time for ATM.  Just watching an overview video on it and I am amazed at how apparently non labor intensive it is to use.  Hoping it has a way to simulate fatigue?
Tagged:

Comments

• NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,310
    It does not - only linear static at the moment, but more will be added over time.
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • shawn_crockershawn_crocker Member, OS Professional Posts: 798 PRO
    NeilCooke said:
    It does not - only linear static at the moment, but more will be added over time.
    None the less, it looks amazing and I will begin dabbling in it today.
    The error message seems helpful but seriously lacking is helpful information that must be just under the skin waiting to be exposed.  I mean, the system just has to know which part is missing material properties right?  Why not let us know as well in the message?  https://forum.onshape.com/discussion/20542/more-simulation-error-info#latest
    True - quickest way right now is to add material as a column in the BOM.
    @NeilCooke
    Thanks.  That definitely makes it easier!
    And of course, double clicking the BOM cell lets you change the material of the part from the assembly (if it is a workspace part).