Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Extrude up to next vertex?

Pierre_LinPierre_Lin Member Posts: 6 PRO
I'm using 3D XYZ CSV to generate a series of individual lines between two points. The lines are all parallel.

I need to create solid column geometry along each of these lines with the minimum number of features, everything features to be a group operation.

Does anyone know of a feature script that allows extrude up to next vertex?

If so, I could use that featurescript in tandem with the featurescript Point Pattern applying per instance to achieve the geometry I need.

Also open to other suggested workflows

Comments

• Options
    NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,394
    You could try just using the Frame feature and select all the curves?
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • Options
    Matt_ShieldsMatt_Shields Member Posts: 213 PRO
    I'm no FS expert, but I made a custom feature a while back that should probably work.  It just gets all edges in a part studio (3D XYX CSV splines would count) and uses evEdgeTangentLines to make points and create a sweep.  The direction of the sweep profile (xy, xz, yz plane) is hard coded.