Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

manipulating end product.

Hi I am new to on shape and learning as i go. so I'm recreating things around are house. I'm making more train tracks for my son, based on the ones he has.
I've re made them on on shape all from scratch.

my question is. if it is possible to manipulate the all ready end product.

for example: I make one street track. and i know want to make a curved one. can I do that?

Comments

• Options
    NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,395
    No, you would have to make each track shape separately. You can configure the length though.
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • Options
    shawn_crockershawn_crocker Member, OS Professional Posts: 807 PRO
    You can derive common sketches and other construction geometry so that you can reuse it to make your other styles of track.  deriving construction geometry is great because you can make a change to a sketch for instance, and all the styles of track you have currently made automatically change to match the change to the master sketch.  As opposed to possibly duplicating a part studio and then changing things.  The sketches in the duplicate will not follow changes to the part studio they were copied from.  The derive feature in onshape is an incredibly powerful tool.