Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

How do I fix the rotation behavior?

padcompadcom Member Posts: 7
Check this out:

https://youtu.be/6sIN9joZNPQ

My brain is completely incompatible with what is being considered default behavior for view manipulation. The only app that does it right is Tinkercad. How can I make Onshape behave like Tinkercad? Above all, how can I make the part not run away when I want to look at it from a different angle? It's so extremely frustrating....

Answers

• Options
    Matt_ShieldsMatt_Shields Member Posts: 209 PRO
    Rotation in different programs always takes a little getting used to.  In Onshape, you definitely want to be cognizant of where your mouse is before you click and drag.  That makes a big difference.  See below.

Personally, I'm glad Onshape doesn't behave like Tinkercad ;)
  • Options
    padcompadcom Member Posts: 7
    Matt, that’s great you like it. Doesn't mean it is the same for everybody. For me it is a blocker that I will not be able to overcome. So I guess it's the end for me since you like it the way it is now. Brilliant. That's what I was looking for. 
  • Options
    bryan_lagrangebryan_lagrange Member, User Group Leader Posts: 794 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can change the mouse controls under preferences in My Account. There is no TinkerCAD related controls but maybe one of the other non default settings could work better.

Bryan Lagrange
    Twitter: @BryanLAGdesign