Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Dimension out of scale on drawing due to sketch entity ...perhaps?

Dean_GardnerDean_Gardner Member Posts: 88 PRO
I know sketches have been added to drawings to some extent, albeit very basic in my opinion, I have added some basic sketch geometry to a surface profile in order to create some dimensions from, which is annoying that i need to do this in the first place.  As the view is 1:2, the dimension (probably because it is using sketch entities) is only quoting half the size it should be...  I cannot see how i can change this and at the moment it is very difficult to relay this design intent any other way and is partly because the centreline and dimension tool within drawings needs some serious work to get up to muster.  The dimension will go from one side to the other, but the hole is tangential.  The other hole is mirrored on the opposite side. The design intent is a planar dimension at the intersection of the top surface.  Usually most of the time there are workarounds but i'm finding with drawings in onshape there are not many levers to pull in order to achieve what you need without created bundles of irrelevant views in order to get there.  The art of good draftsperson is being able to  navigate the standard to get the all the information needed on the drawing with minimal clutter.  So usually having access to loads of functionality, in this case, is not a bad thing.

Answers

• Options

• Options
    NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,399
    Adding line geometry is not associated with the view so it is measured in "paper space". The way to do this currently would be to add a sketch (lines or points) to the Part Studio where the part resides, then show the sketch in the view (RMB view > show/hide > show/hide sketches).
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • Options
    Oooh! Let me check that now. Thanks @NeilCooke.