Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

very low frame at onshape

lfrmmslfrmms Member Posts: 5 EDU
i am a solidworks user. my computer has intel hd 3000 graphic card and nvdia card. i only use intel hd 3000 graphic card because nvdia card is faulty.

I uploaded a project that I used in solidworks on my computer to onshape. I feel very, very low fps value in onshape. it is not a complex assembly.

I can move the design fluently in solidworks.

I have tried in different browsers and the problem persists. I don't know if this is the problem or not.

as if the fps value in the browser is between 5-10. the same assembly fps value in solidworks is like 60 fps. it works very fluently.

Best Answer

• Options
    NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,391
    Answer ✓
    As you can see from the check your graphics is very poor. If you press CTRL+D you’ll see the exact FPS you are getting. 
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI

Answers

• Options
    NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,391
    Answer ✓
    As you can see from the check your graphics is very poor. If you press CTRL+D you’ll see the exact FPS you are getting. 
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • Options
    nick_papageorge073nick_papageorge073 Member, csevp Posts: 668 PRO
    Have you tried updating the nvidia firmware from nvidia's site? That might fix your GPU issue and then you'll be able to use it. I had that issue on a PC a few years ago when I was using another CAD program.
  • Options
    S1monS1mon Member Posts: 2,365 PRO
    Also try running https://cad.onshape.com/check

It’s quite possible with some browsers that they’ll default to integrated graphics. Follow the instructions about graphic performance issues:
  • Options
    lfrmmslfrmms Member Posts: 5 EDU
    NeilCooke said:
    I had windows 10 on my computer. Intel HD 3000 graphics card supports windows 7. so i installed windows 7 on my computer. 

I didn't know about the ctrl+d command. Thank you very much for this command. After learning this command, when I tested it on windows 10, it gave 5-6 fps. After installing windows 7, it gives 35-30 fps.