Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

I must be doing something wrong, trying to learn Onshape to design for simple 3d print

jerome_hess193jerome_hess193 Member Posts: 5
Team,
Im sure Im doing something simple wrong, and so in the idea of "not giving up" Im hoping one of you will be patient enough to point me in the right direction.
I want to use Onshape to help point my sons HS engineering class in the right direction as far as creating simple parts and them 3d printing them.
Ive been working with 3d printers for about 5 years and am using the Anycubic Kobra Max with CURA slicer.
Trying to draw a simple "cover: about 8x11 with 3/4" depth and the center removed to leave 1/8 lip all around the outside and 1/8 in off the bottom.
The drawing looks OK, but when I export the STL it comes out as a completely solid block.
If I 'extrude' and reverse the arrow to 'scoop' out the imnterior of the block' it looks fine, but wont transfer to the stil.
same if I thicken and reverse the arrow.
Any and all suggestions gratefully appreciated.
Thanks
J

Answers