Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Sharing and Collaboration course

kate_leipold_ritkate_leipold_rit Member Posts: 36 EDU
In the Sharing and Collaboration course - there is a Self Check under sharing.  One of the questions asks about permissions associated with tagging a person in a comment.  
  • This content is covered in section 2 - after the section 1 self check 
  • Q: Which set of permissions are automatically set when sharing a document via tagging a user in the comments?
    A: View, Comment 
  • But - from the captions of the comment section - "One last thing to mention. If the person or people you are tagging with a comment do not have permissions to the Document, a dialog displays telling you the permissions are missing. You can click the button “Share with mentioned users,” and the person or people you have tagged in the comment are given view and comment permission to that Document. This allows them to view the Document and reply to your comment."
  • To me these permissions are not automatically set when tagging a user. 

Answers

• Options
    NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,417
    If you are using Enterprise, it won't, it assumes view & comment.
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • Options
    kate_leipold_ritkate_leipold_rit Member Posts: 36 EDU
    edited June 2023
    I do have Enterprise (education). When I tagged someone without permissions, there was a pop up. 
    To me that would be a prompt to change permissions.  And you still have the opportunity to cancel - so I don't think the answer is clear.