Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

issues with frames

stefan_nilssonstefan_nilsson Member Posts: 8 ✭✭
edited July 2023 in General
First i selected the sketch surface describing the outline of the sheet and made a frame around it using my own profile. I could not find a way to align the inner edge of the profile with the outer edge of the sheet. I solved this by offsetting the outline inwards by the appropriate distance.

The next issue occurred when creating a second sheet aligned to the top edge. This time the profile was aligned with world coordinates. This was fixed by measuring the angle and cutting and pasting.

Both these methods seem unnecessary awkward so i like to know if there is a simpler way to solve this

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    eric_pestyeric_pesty Member Posts: 1,516 PRO
    Answer ✓
    See this discussion on frame alignment (relevant to your second question): https://forum.onshape.com/discussion/20950/frame-generator-alignment

For the first one doesn't selecting the correct point on the first frame fix this? And if not it is possible to specify a custom point using the frame tagging tools (look it up in the frame help).

• Options
    stefan_nilssonstefan_nilsson Member Posts: 8 ✭✭
    edited July 2023
    That did solve it thank you. I had to create a custom alignment point
    For the angle i had to select the edges individually. When selecting the whole surface i found no way to control what the first edge is. Also i wonder what happens when the plane i skewed in more than one direction?