Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Don't remap redo on MacOS to Windows shortcut

kenn_sebesta167kenn_sebesta167 Member Posts: 53 ✭✭
edited September 2023 in Using Onshape
Globally:
  • Redo on macOS is <CMD>-<SHIFT>-Z
  • Undo on macOS is <CMD>-Z
This has, until very recently, worked correctly on OnShape. However, a recent update broke this.

Was this a regression of some kind? I'm not seeing others complain on the forums, so is this possibly a bug and limited to my computer (and all its browsers)?

If not, could we please have an option to revert to the macOS native shortcut? <CMD>-Y is used for other things in macOS (in my browser, it opens up the history tab).

Comments

• Options
    Evan_ReeseEvan_Reese Member Posts: 2,066 PRO
    Agreed this is throwing me off.
    Evan Reese / Principal and Industrial Designer with Ovyl
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    Agreed this is throwing me off.
    It's not that I'm glad other people are experiencing this, but I take comfort in knowing it's not just me.  :neutral:

A huge shout-out to whomever from OnShape is reading this forum and escalating posts like this into the bug queue. I just received confirmation that this is a bug, and they plan to fix it. Yaay OnShape!

• Options
    PeteYodisPeteYodis Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 520
    @kenn_sebesta167 @Evan_Reese We have a bug fix we are working on for this issue.  I created some tickets for each of you.  
  • Options
    True to their word, it works again!  <3