Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Hose Routing Feature

wayne_sauderwayne_sauder Member, csevp Posts: 478 PRO
https://cad.onshape.com/documents/66eed09654f41158245a60bf/w/49ea4ebf2b4459159dc684f8/e/bd2a5227ae8a00c5025aaf9b

Here is a hose routing feature I had @xTimRice do for my own use and I thought I'd put it out there for others. 
I would have liked to add some instructions but simply don't have time. So you will have to find your own way. :s
Hopefully, someone finds it useful. 

Comments

• Options
    edited September 2023
    I should give credit to those whose code was borrowed.  I'm not quite sure what Tim copied and what he wrote out. 
    The ideas came from some of the 3D tools by @Evan_Reese combined with the hose routing feature by, I think @sebastian_glanzner
    There are probably a couple of other features that I and Tim borrowed ideas from that I forgot. Thanks to all who contributed by posting your featurscript. 
  • Options
    Evan_ReeseEvan_Reese Member Posts: 2,066 PRO
    Nice! Thanks for sharing it!
    Evan Reese / Principal and Industrial Designer with Ovyl
  • Options
    xTimRicexTimRice Member Posts: 59 PRO
    This was a fun one! Particularly the ability to drag the points around in the 3D space:

Handcrafted furniture in Boston
    https://thesmoothcut.com/
  • Options
     Tim did an amazing job with this. I remember when I asked him for the manipulator function, it got quiet for a bit :confused: and then he came through.
    By the way in case anyone wonders the hose table calculations are built on Danfoss hose info. The NUE95 info comes from airtac.