Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Coincident point and line not actually coincident

cyrus_costa541cyrus_costa541 Member Posts: 29
I have a line and a point. For my model it is absolutely imperative that the being perfectly coincident. However, when I use the coincident tool and zoom all the way in they are not actually coincident. When I try and create a surface using these lines it comes out wonky because these lines where not coincident. 
The photo is zoomed into the max so in actuality the distance is only like a tenth of a millimeter probably but it still causes issues because the lines don't connect.
I have two other lines connected to the main line and they also are not perfectly coincident

Comments

• Options
    NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,436
    They are, but there is a limit on graphics precision. Shouldn't affect the surfaces.
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI