Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Can I make a Hole through this part

cyrus_costa541cyrus_costa541 Member Posts: 29
I want to make a hole that starts from on of the red surfaces and ends at the other how can I do this.

Comments

• Options
    Matt_ShieldsMatt_Shields Member Posts: 231 PRO
    edited November 2023
    Sketch a hole profile on one red surface.
    Sketch a point on the other red surface. 
    Create a 3D spline between them. 
    Sweep remove the profile. 
  • Options
    Ya I thought about doing that but the hole needs to be different sizes as you can see cuz the red profiles are sized differently. So is there any way I can make a surface that changes sizes?
  • Options
    NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,436
    Loft
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • Options
    Loft.  With a Path.
  • Options
    I tried that but it says it would create a self intersecting body. What is that and how do I avoid it?
  • Options
    To avoid self-intersecting bodies, avoid loft paths with tight radius bends.  See the examples below.  The first one works because the path has gentle bends.  The second one self-intersects, meaning the lofted shape runs into itself.