Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Accessing "Named Views" in Part Studio

peter_schonpeter_schon Member Posts: 1
Hi, I often need to reorient my model to one or more custom views created using the "named view" function in Part Studio.  It takes 4 clicks to get to them which makes it faster to select a surface I want to be perpendicular to and hit "n" to reorient the model "normal" to that surface.  

I'd like to have one or two click access to named views.  Without this the feature is somewhat wasted.

Thanks

peter

Comments

• Options
    andrew_troupandrew_troup Member, Mentor Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have exactly the same thought every time I use a named view (which is often)
  • Options
    shashank_aaryashashank_aarya Member Posts: 265 ✭✭✭
    That looks very good suggestion.
    The best place to address such type of suggestions is improvement request category at
    https://forum.onshape.com/categories/improvement-requests

• Options
    3dcad3dcad Member, OS Professional, Mentor Posts: 2,470 PRO
    I wouldn't mind spending one hotkey for named views. +1 for easy/fast access 
    //rami
  • Options
    andrew_troupandrew_troup Member, Mentor Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2015
    3dcad said:
    I wouldn't mind spending one hotkey for named views. +1 for easy/fast access 
    It's not just access that I would like addressed, it's how it works when we get there. 
    We are not presented with a list of named views, we have to request it, with a click.

Here's a thought if there WAS to be a hotkey: (say Shift-8?): The first time it's pressed, it opens the Named View dialog.

If we hold shift down and press 8 again, it shows us the first named view in the list, and successive presses take us through the named views, in succession.