Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Welcome

joe_dunnejoe_dunne Onshape Employees, Developers, csevp Posts: 198
edited December 2015 in App Store & Partners Apps
Welcome to the Onshape App Store Beta program

This is the place to post questions, share issues, request enhancements.. All relating to App Store or App on the App store

Sincerely,

Joe Dunne

Joe Dunne / Onshape, Inc.

Comments

• Options
    3dcad3dcad Member, OS Professional, Mentor Posts: 2,470 PRO
    First touch in appstore, subscribed to a bunch of new stuff.. The first IR for appstore UI could be a link to go back in (filtered) results list after subscribing to some feature. Workaround is to open in new tab, but it would be nice to have link 'back to list'.

//rami
  • Options
    Is Onshape BOM creation example something that we should test & comment or is it just purely example for coders?
    It does look nice but has some fundamental issues behind..
    //rami
  • Options
    awkawk Member, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 78
    @3dcad Do you mean using the 'back' button on the browser navigation to get back to the 'all apps' or similar? There's a breadcrumb navigation near the top of the page which should allow you to go directly to the 'all apps' view. We have a pending update which improves this a bit more too - check back in a few days for that behaviour.
    Director of API, Appstore, and App Partner Technical Support
  • Options
    We don't intend for the BOM Sample to be the ultimate BOM tool - but felt it had enough behaviors beyond the simple purpose of being an example of using our developer API that it was worth putting in the app store.

That said if it doesn't work as advertised please let us know (file bugs etc.), and equally file enhancement requests if you think it could do better and we'll implement them when time and schedules allow.
  • Options
    @andrew_kimpton  I mean that if you choose to show just integrated apps and scroll few pages and find one interesting piece there, after subscribing for that you should be able to get back to the list view at same point where you choose to pick the one. If you use back button, you will see all disclaimers'n'stuff which you need to accept on the way.. Or you might just popup small window to subscribe so that list remains in the back.

About BOM, it looks and feels good for very basic use. But Onshape has wider problem with part studio mirror/pattern multiplying parts rather than just increasing the amount in BOM. And we also need 'treat whole assembly as part in BOM' checkbox for certain buy-in parts and .. and ..
    //rami
  • Options
    We have an enhancement filed to re-evaluate the 'flow' when purchasing an app and handling things like going 'back' etc. 

I know of other partners who intend to develop BOM tools - as they become available hopefully they can take on your feedback and improve things too and the platform will have the best BOM tools available :-)
  • Options
    shaun_3shaun_3 Member Posts: 11
    Is there an option to add all apps to all new docs? I like the default behavior of adding apps on a per-document basis, but I could easily imagine wanting all apps I'm subscribed to being added to my documents with one click.
  • Options
    There's no such option right now - but please use the Feedback menu item to let us know you'd like that and we'll add it to the list :-)
  • Options
    I would certainly like to 'mark' some default apps like rendering, bom, explode and other basic stuff
    //rami