Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

feature request: exporter UI improvements

CaptainBisquickCaptainBisquick OS Professional Posts: 33 ✭✭
I guess it used to be that STL was the default export format, and now it's parasolid. It would be nice if OnShape would set a cookie and remember which format I use (or the one used most often, if more than one). In my case, I only ever use one.

Or even better, would be a streamlined export process. For example, if each part could be assigned an export destination, file name, and format, then I could simply click an export button on the part (in the part studio) and be done with it.

Comments

• Options
    3dcad3dcad Member, OS Professional, Mentor Posts: 2,470 PRO
    Instead of cookie I would like to see these things built into account - so that you have exactly same experience no matter where you sign in..
    //rami