Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Lost Sheet Metal Table

peter_cuthbertpeter_cuthbert Member Posts: 45
Good Afternoon Folks

I think I have a typical beginner problem for which it is not easy to find a solution in the Help section.

I have a sheet metal part which is complete. In the Document I have a Part Studio tab in which there is nothing while in the Assembly Tab there sits the part.  It is not an actually an assembly but just a bent flat sheet.  What I am seeking to do is to get the flat sheet view and then print out the part as a flat sheet DXF.  I have done exactly that with several other single parts, but always from the Part Studio.  I think, but have not been able to prove, that one cannot use Sheet Metal Table button from an Assembly, which does make sense.

I have no idea how I have got into this mess, but to try to get out of it I have tried to copy the part into the part studio (does not work) and also tried to import a STEP file of the part back into the part studio.  That simply created several other tabs but left the Part studio empty.  None of the imported STEP file tabs show the Sheet Metal Table button.  I have tried re-load page and re-boot which are offerd elsewhere on this site as solutions to a lost Sheet Metal button. Niether worked.

Can any body offer me a cut and paste trick to get the part back into the correct place?  I have never been able to get Onshape cut and paste to function...

The offending part is to be found here:

Regards

Pete

Comments

• Options
    NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,448
    Your Document contains an imported part (dumb solid, not sheet metal), a Part Studio with a Derived feature (dumb solid, not sheet metal) and no Assembly tabs. If you want to convert it, create a Sheet metal feature with the Thicken option.
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • Options
    peter_cuthbertpeter_cuthbert Member Posts: 45
    Many thanks for that suggestion. Apologies for not acknowleging it earlier.