Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Revolve view performance sucks

lukramonlukramon Member Posts: 4
Hi, 

I was confused at first, and still am actually. I revolved an alu extrusion profile, and was surprised when I section viewed my design. 

Here's the sketch, and its corresponding section viewed revolve (normal view mode): 

The joints are somehow displayed deformed, this issue is almost gone when view performance is set on high quality.

I'd love if this would be performed better.

Thanks,
Luk Ramon

Comments

• Options
    NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,417
    lukramon said:
    I was confused at first, and still am actually. 
    So am I. What is the problem? If it doesn't look right it's to do with tessellation and not actual geometry.
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • Options
    lukramonlukramon Member Posts: 4
    NeilCooke said:
    lukramon said:
    I was confused at first, and still am actually. 
    So am I. What is the problem? If it doesn't look right it's to do with tessellation and not actual geometry.
    Thanks Neil, however I don't understand what you're trying to say with "tesselation".
  • Options
    NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,417
    I'm assuming your original question was asking why the 3D graphics are not smooth? Everything must be approximated by triangles for the graphics card (tessellated) and is for visual purposes only. The underlying geometry is accurate though.
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI