Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Exporting assemblies with mate data intact

TL;DR: I want to export an assembly so that I can import it to an animation program while retaining mates

This at first seems like a silly question to be asking. A few months ago I was working on a project that involved analyzing an assembly I made with OnShape in MATLab's Simulink program. As I was learning to use the software, I found that there was a dedicated command to directly import an assembly from onshape into Simulink (https://www.mathworks.com/help/sm/ug/onshape-import.html). I was thrilled to find out that when I imported the model, it kept all of the mate connections, Saving me a ton of time.

Now I'm onto a different project for our marketing department and the idea of rendering an animation of our upcoming in-development product came to mind. I'm not experienced at all with any animation software, but I'm confident that I would be able to make something work, the only question is how long it would take. Would it even be possible to export an assembly so that it could be imported to something like Blender so that I can skip or at least speed up the rigging process