Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Dimensions of scetch an drawing does not match

Hey folks!
I experience some strange behaviour and I hope that you can help me here.
When I draw the Sketch I place dimensions till everything is grey/black to fix every position.

Afterwards I want to place measures in my drawing and they are not the same dimensions!

For example the dimension on the upper right: 1.1m in the sketch, 1220mm in the drawing.
Does somebody know what is happening here? Thanks a lot!

Answers

• Options
    NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,401
    edited January 28
    The document units are set to meters and the drawing units are millimetres. 
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • Options
    maximilian_bley005maximilian_bley005 Member Posts: 6
    Yea, Sure.
    But isn't 1.1 m equal to 1100mm? Why does it convert to 1220mm?
  • Options
    Did you press the orange update button on the drawing (top left)?
  • Options
    Yes, of course.
    Also the drawing looks like the two parts of the assembly does look like they are a little bit offset in comparison to the assembly. This might lead to the deviation.
  • Options
    URL please. 
  • Options
    Holy crap!
    I wanted to give you a clean document without all the unnecessary details. So I made a copy of my file and every dimension was coorect.
    After some struggling I found out, that I manually have to update the context in my component (I use the context from the assembly to place everything)
    So, yea, it was totally my fault because I didn't know that.So if someone find this question later on:
    Refresh the context and everything will be fine.

Thank you anyway, Neil!