Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

how to scale multiple sketch entities to a specific size?

jj_mjj_m Member Posts: 4
edited February 2 in Drawings
is there any way to group all the parts of the logo in the center together so that I could use the dimension tool to make the wing tips 0.5in away from the sides of the box and it would proportionally scale the entire logo without messing up any of the shape or spacing?

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    S1monS1mon Member Posts: 2,392 PRO
    Delete the dimensions that you have, dimension the one thing you want to control, and the whole sketch will scale.
  • Options
    jj_mjj_m Member Posts: 4
    S1mon said:
    Delete the dimensions that you have, dimension the one thing you want to control, and the whole sketch will scale.

I want the box to stay the same size but I want to scale the logo which is made of multiple sketch entities relative to the box. I know I can selected them all and use the transform tool to scale them but I need a way to make it an exact size
  • Options
    NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,425
    Delete the box, do what Simon says, then draw the box again. 
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • Options
    S1monS1mon Member Posts: 2,392 PRO
    Scale the sketch to get the logo to the right size. Then either manually recreate the box at the right size in the same sketch, or just do it in another sketch.
  • Options
    rick_randallrick_randall Member Posts: 116 ✭✭
    Try this - for an example I'll use values of 25 & 17.Say dim. you have is 25 & you want to make it 17.Do the transform, scale but list the length as a ratio 17/25. Type in  this expression instead of a number. this works for me, and should work for you.