Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Reorder Cut List

JPMJPM Member, csevp Posts: 10 PRO
Maybe I'm missing the obvious, but is there a way to reorder a cut list without having to reselect the items in the correct order? I just found an item that wasn't included and I'd like to add it. We typically list our tube by cut length, longest to shortest. 

Thanks!

Best Answer

• Options
    NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,477
    Answer ✓
    Sorry, but there is no way to do this right now.
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI

Answers

• Options
    NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,477
    Answer ✓
    Sorry, but there is no way to do this right now.
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • Options
    caq1caq1 Member Posts: 3
    Does anyone know a work around for this. Really frustrating, I need to be able to sort longest to shortest and then by material.
  • Options
    MichaelPascoeMichaelPascoe Member Posts: 1,753 PRO
    edited May 1

There is a work around @caq1, but it would involve developing your own modified version of the Cutlist feature so that it re-orderes the cutlist entries. You could do it yourself, or have someone else do it for you.

Let me know if your interested in having someone do it for you, I can set up a discovery call for you with CADSharp.

Learn more about the Gospel of Christ  ( Here )

CADSharp  -  We make custom features and integrated Onshape apps!   cadsharp.com/featurescripts 💎
  • Options
    jnewth_onshapejnewth_onshape Member, Onshape Employees Posts: 67
    @JPM

This is a good idea!

Please file the feature request via the "Contact Support" button:

Or you can post it here, in the feature request category, so other people can vote on it as well: https://forum.onshape.com/categories/improvement-voting