Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Making a point coincident with the last instance of a sketch pattern

sam_onesam_one Member Posts: 16
How do I make a point coincident with the last object of the sketch pattern, so that it moves when the amount of the pattern is changed?

toothbrush holder | Part Studio 1 (onshape.com)
so I have this part, where I use a variable (called Brush_count) and a sketch pattern to describe the slots in the rack.
That bit works fine. Now, I want to add the actual body of the rack around the slots.
The body should go around the slots. So, when I change the amount of slots, the rack should resize accordingly.

I tried to make the top-right point of the body rect coincident with the last slot.
This works, but when there are less or more slots, it doesn't update its position, and the coincident turns red.

any help is appreciated, even if you don't know for sure.:smile:
(even a tiny nudge in the right direction makes a difference!)

Best Answer

• Options
    NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,419
    Answer ✓
    Since you already have a variable, drive the position of the "point" based on #Brush_count * #WhateverTheDistanceIsBetweenEachSlot
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI

Answers

• Options
    NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,419
    Answer ✓
    Since you already have a variable, drive the position of the "point" based on #Brush_count * #WhateverTheDistanceIsBetweenEachSlot
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI