Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

How to loft along a percentage of a guide

I am creating a camera mount for an FRC robot, and need to make a bit of room for its heat sink. With the goal of maintaining strength, I would like to keep a certain percentage of the mount, (30,50,60? idk) as solid material, with the other portion of it being structured to let heat out. The first x% of the loft, starting from the non-camera side, would be solid, and the rest would be structured in another way. Is there a way to create surface which represents x% along the path of the loft at every point on the surface. I know how to make points along the curved paths, but I don't know how to do the surface. Below is a rough image of what I want, with the red being an exaggerated version of how the surface would curve along. The blue, is a representation of the flat surface I want to avoid making.

Answers