Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Learning Center/GUI Q's

I'm new to CAD in general. I'm going through the 'Learning Center' and in part 1 under 'Basic Sketching' you make a sketch
and then fully constrain it. I've done the sketch, the last part being the sketch-fillet, now I'm not sure how to fully constrain it.
The fillet part is still blue.

My GUI Q is: I'm using FF v42 browser and when I start a sketch the tool bar extends past the edge of the screen.
I can get to that tool, it's the 'Fix' tool, but weather it's the last one, or there is a drop down menu for it or other tools I don't know cause I can't SEE the tool icon. Is this a FF thing or general browser thing?

As you can see in this pic the unconstrained fillet and in the top right corner the tip of the icon I can't see in the GUI.

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    _Ðave__Ðave_ Member, Developers Posts: 712 ✭✭✭✭
    It is the fix icon and yes it is the last icon. In FF just Click Ctrl and - to adjust the browser so that you can see all the icons.
  • Options
    david_cushingdavid_cushing Member Posts: 16
    Hey thanks _Dave_ . You are correct sir.
    I will work on my other Q tomorrow.
  • Options
    david_cushingdavid_cushing Member Posts: 16
    Ok, so I fixed my constrain problem. I guess I never did a tangent constrain on the blue line in the above pic with the bottom left circle. I did that and BAM!!! all black sketch :D
  • Options
    3dcad3dcad Member, OS Professional, Mentor Posts: 2,470 PRO
    @jakeramsley
    You are right, all those silly updates have filled up our monitors and even worse, took most of our time that we used to spend with good old installed real cad software in big computers.  =)=)
    //rami