Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Push-Button Lid

nikita_zernovnikita_zernov Member Posts: 1
Hello everyone! Have anyone tried to create push & release lid in Onshape? Lid that you should push to open or close?
Tagged:

Comments

• 3dcad3dcad Member, OS Professional, Mentor Posts: 2,470 PRO
    I thought it for 7 seconds before made decision not to model the insides of my push-to-open device. I suppose we would need constraint to follow certain shape since slider would not lock after load. Or possibility to add multiple constraints that would replace each other in certain conditions.

That said, it would be great if we could add limits where constraint is active and beyond those limits (say a slider or planar) would automatically suppress itself.

Also physical constraint would make things easier. For example push-to-open device head would push the door open but let it loose after that and when closing the door it should 'load' the mechanism by pushing the lid back in.

If anyone ends up with a solution for this, I would love to see that.
    //rami