Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

My object's corner was smooth but now got angular. How can get rid of it?

bright_lee437bright_lee437 Member Posts: 1
edited December 2015 in Using Onshape
My object has round corner and circles that was smooth so far but today got angular.
looks coarse.
How can get rid of it and make it smooth corner like before? 
I rolled it back to previous step, it looks OK. 

Maybe it happens when object's getting complex and larger bytes. 
Is there an option or something? 
And it won't matter to use it on other third party renderer like blender. right?

Thanks.

it looked smooth circle before but not now.
Tagged:

Comments

• jakeramsleyjakeramsley Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers, csevp Posts: 660
    The underlying information still says that it is a smooth arc, so if you render it there should be no problems.

Currently we have no settings for determining the tessellation level of your parts.
    Jake Ramsley

Director of Quality Engineering & Release Manager              onshape.com
  • øyvind_kaurstadøyvind_kaurstad Member Posts: 234 ✭✭✭
    I've also noticed this quite a few times. It can happen on even quite simple models, and it is slightly annoying, even if it is just a visual artifact.

• _Ðave__Ðave_ Member, Developers Posts: 712 ✭✭✭✭
    It's very annoying when attempting to determine fit and function visually. But I wouldn't want my slow internet connection to get too bogged down either. When this gets fixed I and if it slows down my performance, I hope there's an option to switch back to lower resolution when accurate graphics aren't required.
  • 3dcad3dcad Member, OS Professional, Mentor Posts: 2,472 PRO
    It would be nice to have some simple slider to quickly adjust between fine image and fast performance. 
    //rami