Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

What are these icons on my assembly and how do I turn them off?

RhycRhyc Member Posts: 5
Fairly new to Onshape but not new to 3D CAD. I 'fat fingered' a right mouse click and turn on the display of icons that look like little coordinate systems on each component. What are these and how to I turn this off??

Best Answers

• Options
    NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,413
    Answer ✓
    K
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • Options
    Answer ✓
    They’re called mate connectors - one of the most powerful features in Onshape. 

Answers

• Options
    Answer ✓
    K
  • Options
    Yes - mostly. Thanks Neil. Still don't know what those icons are or what they are called. Can probably look it up from keyboard shortcuts, though.
  • Options
    Answer ✓
    They’re called mate connectors - one of the most powerful features in Onshape. 
  • Options
    STEGSTEG Member, User Group Leader Posts: 77 PRO
    @Rhyc
    You have to learn what these are!  ;)
    The Mate connectors are one of the most powerful feature in Onshape!
  • Options
    rehevkor5rehevkor5 Member Posts: 13
    You can hide them by right clicking on any of them and selecting "Hide all mate connectors".
  • Options
    Thanks for the help, all. I get it now. I had been using mate connectors to create mates but didn't look into them enough to even know what they were called. The nice thing about them, they are intuitive enough that I could use them pretty effectively by picking a mate tool and seeing them pop up on the objects - without even looking into them. That says a lot about how well the software is designed. But now that I've looked into them some more, yeah, great way to do mates.