Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

how to delete a dimension

IMKIMK Member Posts: 13
Hello,
Sorry if this post is in twice but lost the 1st one.
So how do i how to delete a dimension on a part sketch size or distance please?
I can add them, change them and redefine the type but there does not seem to be anyway to simply remove/delete them, or have i mist something.
Many thanks imk

Comments

• Options
    Mitch_PricerMitch_Pricer OS Professional, Developers Posts: 27 PRO
    Simply left click on the dimension(s) you wish to delete, and then press the "delete" key on your keyboard. :smile: 
    Hope that Helps!
  • Options
    Jeremy_21Jeremy_21 Member Posts: 7
    If you are trying to delete from a mobile App (on android or iOS) you could view the constraints, find the dimension in the list and delete from there.  From iOS, select the dimension(s), use 2 finger tap, and find "Delete dimension" at the bottom of the menu.  Hope this helps.
  • Options
    IMKIMK Member Posts: 13
    Mitch,
    Now i tried that and it didn't work, hence my post.
    So just tried it again and clicked (selected) on the dim and it went a darker shade of yellow/orange and the delete key worked.
    Many thanks, it's these subtleties that catch you out at times.