Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Fix Importing Large Files

AuroraRonAuroraRon Member Posts: 124 PRO
I am experiencing constant import issues with Onshape when working with large files. Despite using Onshape for seven years, I have yet to notice any improvement in this area. I love using Onshape, but working with files that are not created in Onshape becomes very difficult or impossible. I would settle for just a shell, but parts with errors keep wrecking the complete assembly.   

Comments

• Options
    NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,440
    What format are you importing and which CAD system did it come from?
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • Options
    AuroraRonAuroraRon Member Posts: 124 PRO
    Inventor is one of them.  Supplier just tried again to export as a Parasolid and it just fails to translate.  I just created another support ticket.
    We also have no luck with step for engines, always errors that cause it to be unusable.  I have many examples from different engine companies you can try.