Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

SimSolid

colin_dalycolin_daly OS Professional Posts: 37 ✭✭
With the trial of SimSolid I expected to be able to run a test analysis.  Now I've gotten the message that I cannot do so in the demo version... is this how its supposed to be?

Comments

• powpow Member Posts: 6
    Hi Colin,

I have used Simsolid since the beta.  You should be able to use whatever model you want with the trial.  What is the message exactly?

Paul
  • colin_dalycolin_daly OS Professional Posts: 37 ✭✭
    After closing and restarting the program, the message did not appear again.. not sure what was going on there but no problems at all now.  I have run a few test analyses now and am very impressed with the program.
  • KenWelchKenWelch Member, Developers Posts: 22 PRO
    Hi Colin,

The standard version of SIMSOLID is limited to 150 parts and 8-cores. Go over that and you can still manipulate the model in the UI but cannot analyze it. This puts the product in demo mode. 

If if you need to process a larger model contact us and will can discuss.  

Regards,

Ken 
    SIMSOLID Corporation
    SVP & Co-founder SimSolid  |  Altair Engineering Inc.
    twitter: @ken_welch  |  web: www.altair.com/simsolid
  • brucebartlettbrucebartlett Member, OS Professional, Mentor, User Group Leader Posts: 2,137 PRO
    Hi Ken, @Ken_Welch,

Just tried your app for the first time, I found it very easy to use and had result within the 1st hr on 130 part assy so was suitably impressed. So much easier and quicker than other methods I have used. 

I then loaded some linkages in to connect to the main part but can not work out how to add pin joints. Is this possible? 
    Engineer ı Product Designer ı Onshape Consulting Partner
    Twitter: @onshapetricks  & @babart1977   
  • powpow Member Posts: 6
    edited January 2016
    Actually, Ken has been on the road for a couple of weeks.  Maybe I can help.  Simsolid uses Glued & Sliding contact.  You will have to model the pins as well in Onshape and look at the connections between the parts when you bring them into Simsolid and generate connections.  If there are connections between the outer faces of the linkages you want to make these sliding.  Everything has to be positioned correctly before you bring the assembly in.  Also remember this is small displacement.
    Paul