Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Entire project missing !!

steven_rogers854steven_rogers854 Member Posts: 4
I was just working on my project this morning and now that I've returned its all GONE.  Not one trace of it is in the list.  I've looked under most recents and created by me AND by searching.
I have a screenshot of one of the files and its called SSHalfCircle.  Most of the files are SS for Super Soaker. 
Please help.  If this is a regular thing I am going to have to stop using Onshape and stop recommending it to others :(
I never delete my files and this doesn't make any sense.

Thanks for the help.

Answers

• Options
    NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,438
    Share screenshot.

Check your trash? But if you emptied trash then it's gone.
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • Options
    john_rousseaujohn_rousseau Member, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 363
    It's pretty hard to lose data in Onshape. Any chance you are using multiple accounts (or have multiple people using your account)?
    John Rousseau / VP, Technical Operations / Onshape Inc.
  • Options
    steven_rogers854steven_rogers854 Member Posts: 4
    I don't delete ANYTHING ever.  I just make a new project file.   I have checked the trash regardless and its not in there.   

I thought there were Onshape techs here that could look up account activity and see what happened. 

Are there not? 

I've seen this happen to other people on the forums and an Onshape person contacted them. 
    Usually, with good results.   

In the meantime, I'm just going to have to remake everything. 

I just want to know what's wrong so I can determine if I want to continue to use a platform that will have me working on something one minute and then have it all completely disappear the same day :(
  • Options
    NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,438
    Can you share a screenshot (hoping to see the doc URL)?
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • Options
    john_rousseaujohn_rousseau Member, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 363
    Hi Steven. None of your created document names are called anything like "SSHalfCircle". You have a ton of documents called "Untitled document". Maybe "SSHalfCircle" was a tab or import file name? 

You are correct, there are no trashed or deleted documents in your account.
    John Rousseau / VP, Technical Operations / Onshape Inc.