Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Show surface after hiding it

CodyHCodyH Member Posts: 22
Okay, I think I'm missing something extremely simple and routine. After I hide an offset surface I used for extruding text and objects on a sphere I can't get it back without "showing all." Of course, when I do that I have to then hide a bunch of stuff again. The only way I can hide it is by right clicking and selecting "Hide Surface 1" from the menu. After that I'm lost as to how to bring it back. In fact, I'm not even sure why it's titled Surface 1. I just discovered the action by trial and error :P I've included snapshots of the before and after, starting from the left. The one on the right simply shows the right click menu by clicking the same spot after Surface 1 has been hidden. I understand that wouldn't bring up the same options. I just included it for comparison.Thanks!

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    Additional question:

When I export as .STL and load into Cura it's displaying that offset surface so there's no extrusions. I had it hidden when I exported so is there something else I need to do? I admit, this is the first model I've tried exporting and loading into a splicer. Do I need to make certain definitions or do something else to make the model complete for exporting? 
  • Options
    I knew it was gonna be as simple as that! haha. I always noticed that feature list, but never thought it would pertain to my objectives so I subconsciously disregarded it. Whoops! Thank you!

Man, I love Onshape and the Onshape community! Not even 30 minutes and I have a response that resolved my issue. Couldn't ask for better service!