Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Scanner

billy2billy2 Member, OS Professional, Mentor, Developers, User Group Leader Posts: 2,056 PRO
edited June 7 in General
I bought a new scanner, they've gotten pretty good.

Comments

• wayne_sauderwayne_sauder Member, csevp Posts: 547 PRO
    @billy2
     Are you going to leave us dangling? :s 
     Make? Model??? 
  • billy2billy2 Member, OS Professional, Mentor, Developers, User Group Leader Posts: 2,056 PRO
    edited June 9
    It's a 2006 Triumph but you're probably wanting to know which scanner.

The scanner is a revopoint which is getting good reviews. I was waiting for the einstar to port to OSX and gave up. I won't buy a PC to run a scanner, that won't ever happen.

The revopoint still runs intel code on a OSX but it's fine. It has many operational modes, I prefer to scan and capture on my laptop using the wifi hookup so there's no cable. In the end, the data is on your computer and you don't have to transfer it.

Is it better than the einstar? I have no idea. The resolution is so much better than my old scanner from 10 years ago. If you're designing something, I'd still have a pair of calipers handy.